The nights have drawn in, the wind is cold in your bones, the temperature has plummeted. That’s right, our yearly Holiday Sale has started!
Of course this only applies in the Northern hemisphere, if you’re in the Southern you’re probably lounging on a beach somewhere or sweating up a storm, wondering why the heck this article begins with a description of the cold.
But no matter where you are, our Holiday Sale is here for you and we’ve got some killer deals for you this year.
With over 1800 games on sale, it might be hard for you to find The Game. You know, the one. The thing game you don’t even know you want yet.
So relax, take a sip of that mulled wine/margherita, put on a sweater/swimsuit, and let us guide you to the game of your dreams.
Green Man Gaming isn’t just a company of people who want to sell games, we’re a company of people who want to play games too. Unfortunately work and real life keeps getting in the way, but that doesn’t mean we can’t tell you about some of our favourites that are on sale right now. You can see the full list here but have some brief descriptions too – you’ve earned it.
- Frostpunk – Stern choices and stern weather, it’s all fun and games until it isn’t in this city management game.
- Hitman 2 – Like a game of murder mousetrap where the ball is death and winning is death too.
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen – The dragon’s got your heart, time to get it back: the violent way.
- Fallout: New Vegas – What did the team that made Fallout and Fallout 2 do next? Made the best modern Fallout, of course.
- PUBG – Still the best Battle Royale game out there, and it’s still going strong even though it’s been more than a fortnight since it came out.
- XCOM 2 – Oh no, you lost the first game (well, canonically). Now the aliens are here to stay, so get your squad and get rid of them.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – Can you believe people had a problem with this game when it was released? Buy it now and find out how wrong they were.
- Final Fantasy IX – Can you believe people had a problem with this…wait I’ve said this before. Still true though, FFIX is brilliant.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – If ancient Greeks and a heck load of murder don’t float your boat, maybe that this game has boats in it will. Also it’s great.
- RUINER – Cyberpunk violence with a soundtrack that slaps? RUINER’s got that and loads more.
- Deep Sky Derelicts – Dungeons in space? Absolutely.
- Monster Hunter World – Loads has been said about the tight combat and huge amount of things to do, but really we’re just here for the Palicos.
- No Man’s Sky – Now with more content than you can shake a stick at, and it’s a big stick too. One of those space sticks.
- World of Warships – What if the whole world were warships and the only way you could kiss people was with guns?
- Cities Skylines – The only city building game that Did It Right after the great City Building Explosion of the mid 2010s.
- ABZU – Scary, beautiful, serene, and much more. ABZU has all the emotions. ALL OF THEM.
- Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus – What if XCOM had zombie robots and you played as a group of technology worshipping cyborgs? Oh and you’re never sure if you’re the good guys or not.
Chances are you live in a country. If you do, hello fellow country dweller! We also live in a country!
Each country is a bit different from the other countries. Did you know, for example, here in the UK we love Resident Evil VII, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, and Far Cry 5? It’s true!
Find out what’s popular in your country right here*. You might be surprised.
Unless you don’t live in a country in which case you can’t participate, but that’s ok. We love you too.
*not applicable for all nations
It’s been a hell of a year. In that we mean it’s been a hell of a year, and also that for many people this year has been hell.
But it’s been a year of games. Video games.
Here you can find out what’s sold the best in 2018. Some of them came out this year, like Monster Hunter World and Vermintide II, but some are just classics that you can’t get enough of, like The Division and Borderlands 2.
People have bought a heck load of games in 2018, and this is just a fraction of the huge variety of games that you and people like you have picked up. Well done for buying games! Now buy some more (this message brought to you by my boss).
Games are great, but the sadness of games is that they end. Not every game goes on forever. That’s just life.
But you can extend your game. You can make your time with that game last that little bit longer.
Some genius wizard called Derek Leander Cross invented something to make games a little longer back in 2006 and DLC (named after him) has been booming ever since.
In our Holiday Sale we’ve partitioned a little section off for DLC, and you can check it out here. Maybe you’ll tack on a little extra to your Assassin’s Creed journey, maybe you’ll see what the residents of Far Harbor have in store for you in Fallout 4, maybe you’ll just pick up some season passes because who knows what’ll come out for your favourite game.
Maybe you play all kinds of games, but maybe you’re just looking for something specific. We’ve got a load of different sections in our Holiday Sale which make finding that special something a little easier.
Here’s the list, your favourite genre is already divided up for you and ready for you to dip a toe in and grab yourself something you think you’ll love:
How nice is that? So if you love Simulation games, you know you can click that link and bam, games you’ll probably love will be right there.
Go check ‘em out. Don’t worry – we’ll wait.
Honestly there’s so much to this sale we’re just going to have to take a little time and give you each publishers’ sale page. Each one has the games that publisher has put in our sale, so if you’re looking for Bethesda or Square Enix games, we got ‘em, and you can find them below:
- Square Enix
- Bandai Namco
- THQ Nordic
- Iceberg Interactive
- City Interactive
- Plug-In Digital
So that’s it, that’s our Holiday Sale – all broken down for your easy digestion. Want to just check the whole thing out though? You
Psst, now the hasty clickers have gone. Did you also know you can win some games and an i7 7700k Intel Processor? Check here to find out how.