Having been described by n3rdabl3 as “… a love letter to games like Zone Of The Enders and Armored Core”, War Tech Fighters is a game all Mech fans out may want to check out.
The game originally launched on to Early Access in August of this year and since then, the Drakkar Dev team have been busy working on the ‘Quantum Update’ – the first significant update for the game which launches today.
The Quantum update includes:
- Five New Story Missions: Continue the journey of Nathan Romanis and his comrades as they encounter new danger and face powerful enemies.
- 35 New War Tech Components: Each War Tech can be upgraded with more powerful parts and weaponry.
- New Unique War Tech – The Mantis (EXCLUSIVE for Early Access Owners): The Quantum Update introduces the concept of Unique War Techs – one of a kind legendary War Techs, complete with their own custom visuals, bonuses and exotic weaponry.
- Perks System: Swords and Shields now come with perks – Critical Hits, Energy Drain, and more.
- Three New Swords: Harpy, Manticore and Unicorn.
- Four New Shields: Tower, Star, Hexagon and Forcefield.
- New Enemies: Face off against new ships, armed with custom weapons, with new gameplay mechanics.
- Changed Missile Launch System: Missiles no longer launch automatically, allowing for more strategic strikes and better energy management. This change was made thanks to user feedback during Early Access.
- New Weapon – Quantum Wave: A devastatingly disruptive weapon for mass destruction, that can be used both for combat and in some puzzle solving sections.
- New Survival Arena: “Smoke and Flames” is the toughest survival arena yet, for the most daring players – with a x3 points multiplier for the Leaderboard score.
- Three New Achievements.
- Eight New Research Projects.
- Four New Challenges.
The Quantum Update video has everything you need to know and more:
The Quantum Update launches today, 13th November 2017 with a huge discount on Green Man Gaming.
Prep your War Tech, pilot – It’s time to kill some Zatronians!