In Red Dead Redemption 2 there is no better way to get around the place than your trusty steed. However, in Red Dead Redemption 2 not all horses are created equally, so we’ve knocked up this handy little guide to make sure that you get the best horse available.
Stats & Horse Ranks
It’s not unreasonable to say that in Red Dead Redemption 2 not every horse is created equally. Luckily, there are four main stats which let you know just how good (or not) your chosen horse happens to be and these are health, stamina, acceleration and speed.
Though such stats are self-explanatory, what is a little less clear is just which horses possess low or high ratings in each regard. To address this, all the horses in Red Dead Redemption 2 fall into one of six fairly broad ranked categories, into which the better ranked horses have superior stats to those of a lesser rank.
The Red Dead Redemption 2 horse ranks are ranked from best to worst thusly:
- Superior – Monstrously capable, superior horses possess high stamina, speed, health and acceleration stats and are considered to be the best steeds in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Race – Trained with the thrill of the chase in mind, race horses possess poor stamina and health but predictably excel elsewhere with high acceleration and speed.
- Draft – The all-rounder, draft horses possess middle of the road acceleration, health, stamina and speed.
- Work – Though the trusty work horse has poor acceleration, it gives a better account for itself in other areas, with middling speed and health and high stamina.
- War – Built for the long haul, war horses boast high health and stamina which makes them great for that, burt disappointingly low speed and acceleration which make them a poor choice for chasing others.
- Riding – The most common type of horse in Red Dead Redemption 2, these horses are deemed to have poor health, stamina, acceleration and speed stats. A last resort, to put it mildly.
How To Get The Best Horse
In Red Redemption 2 the best horses are those with superior stats, as we’ve seen. However, there is only one type of steed that possesses those extremely high stats – the Arabian horse.
Available in three different coat colour types, with the very best of the Arabian’s being the rose grey bay coated variant, here are the locations where these top of the line horses can be found:
- Black Arabian horse location – This grand obsidian beast can be found in the Saint Denis Stable. This horse costs $1,050 to purchase.
- White Arabian horse location – Found just a little bit to the west of the ‘A’ on Ambrino as viewed on the map, this horse would normally cost $1,200 to purchase from a seller.
Rose grey bay Arabian horse location – The best horse in the game even among its superior ranked brethren, you can find this stupendous steed minding its own business in the Blackwater stables after the first epilogue. The rose bay grey Arabian horse costs a pocket draining $1,250 to buy.
Now that you have the best horse you can easily get around and Find all the treasure maps in Red dead Redemption 2.