It’s not easy to find your way through Raccoon City in the Resident Evil 2 Remake. With zombies, fires, dangers, and worse out to get you it’s a bit of a nightmare. But have no fear, we can at least help with some of that. If you’re stuck on a locker, need help with a safe, or just want a bit of assistance with a code we’ve got your back. This guide should see you safe with every code, locker, portable safe, and code all unlocked.
Leon’s Desk Codes
There are two codes to unlock Leon’s Desk. The answers come from Leon’s colleagues initials, using their first names as the key. For the first code on the right side of the desk use Marvin Branagh, Rita Phillips, and George Scott to spell out MRD.
The left side of the desk can be unlocked with Neil Carlsen, Elliot Edward, and David Ford to spell NED.
Police Station Statue Combinations
There are several combinations you’ll need for the three medallions in the Police Station. These are:
- Lion Statue – Combination is found in the Officer’s Notebook in the Watchman’s Room. The combination is Lion, Sprig, and Eagle. On a B-run this is Crown, Fire, and Bird.
- Unicorn Statue – Combination also found in the Officer’s Notebook. Combination is Fish, Scorpion, and Jug. On a B-Run this is Children, Scale, and Worm.
- Maiden Statue – You’ll need the Detonator from the Operations Room and the Battery from the STARS Office in order to blow open the debris in the West Storage Room to access this statue. The combination is Woman, Bow, and Snake. On a B-Run this is Ram, Harp, and Bird.
There are three lockers to open in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, each with their own little puzzle revolving around a three letter code. These are:
- 3rd Floor Locker – Can be found in the Firing Range near the Parking Garage, the locker combination is DCM.
- 2nd Floor Shower Room – Combination is on a whiteboard a room to the south of the Operations Room. Code is CAP.
- Sewer Control Room – Code is found a jazz flyer in the upper sewers, in the Worker’s Break Room. Code is SZF.
Again, three safes for you to break your teeth upon. These can be found in the following locations:
- First Floor West Office Safe – You can find the code on the STARS Office memo. Code is left 9, right 15, left 7.
- East Wing Waiting Room Safe – Code is found on the Confiscation Report File. The combination is left 6, right 2, left 11.
- Treatment Pool Room Safe – Combination is found on the side of the safe, so you won’t have to go far. This combination is left 2, right 12, left 8.
NEST Laboratory and Greenhouse Codes
These codes are written via symbols, meaning you’ll have to memorise a sequence in order to open the hatches and doors that they lock.
- Greenhouse Code – The hatch in the Greenhouse can be opened simply by using the code on the hatch itself. Input this combination code into the Facility Control Terminal in the Greenhouse Control Room and it’ll pop open.
- Dispersal Unit Code – This code can be found in the downstairs area in the Lounge under a trophy on a table. Use this upstairs again on the Facility Control Terminal in the Greenhouse Control Room and the Dispersal Unit in the Drug Testing Lab will open.
Portable Safe Combinations
There are two portable safes in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, and unfortunately for once we cannot give you a location for their codes or simply give you the codes themselves. These reset randomly when you start your game, so you’ll need a new code each time.
Thankfully you can brute force them quite easily. To open them you’ll need to light up the wheel at the top in an anti-clockwise order. We recommend experimentation, writing down which buttons light up which lights, and patience to get through.
These portable safes can be found in the following places depending on the playthrough:
- Playthrough A:
- Shower Room Locker
- Linen Room
- Playthrough B:
- Interrogation Room
- Linen Room
Now you should have everything you need to dive into the Resident Evil 2 Remake with a little more confidence. Of course, you’ll still need to escape from Mr. X and defeat the terrors that the Umbrella Corporation has unleashed, but at least locks won’t hold you back.