It’s the beginning of August and that means one thing….QuakeCon 2018 is here. Starting on August the 9th and lasting three days until the 12th, Bethesda will be showing off the best of their current and upcoming games over the weekend.
Here’s the highlights of what we’re looking forward to seeing and hearing about over QuakeCon 2018.
The Elder Scrolls: Legends Masters Series Qualifiers
On Thursday, August 9th the sixteen best The Elder Scrolls: Legends players will go head-to-head in a series of matches, all aiming for a shot at the $50,000 grand prize. The qualifiers will end on Friday the 10th, and you can tune in here.
Quake Champions Tournament
The doubles tournament will start on Friday the 10th, with teams fighting it out for a piece of the $175,000 prize pool. In addition, the top eight teams will have the opportunity to fight one-on-one over an additional $25,000 prize. You can tune in over here.
Also on Friday the 10th there will be a keynote presentation showing off some of what’s coming up in Bethesda-land. Quake Champions, RAGE 2, and The Elder Scrolls Online will all be covered with details of updates and new footage. The big one though is the reveal of DOOM Eternal gameplay as we get to see the followup to 2016’s DOOM for the first time. You can view along at home right here.
Additionally, if you’ve linked your Twitch, The Elder Scrolls Online, and Bethesda accounts (which you can do here) and watch the Keynote live, you’ll win some extra goodies for Bethesda games like The Elder Scrolls Online, The Elder Scrolls Legends, and Quake Champions. Here’s what you’ll get:
The Elder Scrolls Online (PC/Mac Only)
- Flame Atronach Wolf Pet
- Five Ouroboros Crown Crates
- Quakecon 2018 “Embers” Nameplate & Icon
- Two Reliquaries
- 1000 Shards
- Three Day XP Boost
The Elder Scrolls: Legends
- One Legendary Card
- Legends Event Ticket
- One Skyrim Card Pack
- One Core Card Pack
Fallout 76 Update
On Saturday the 11th of August we’ll get some more details about Fallout 76, with particular attention shown to the character system and how perks will work in the multiplayer post-apocalyptic game. There’ll also be a fan Q&A, so who knows what we’ll learn. This can be watched on the Bethesda Twitch account, right here.
In addition to the events listed above, throughout QuakeCon 2018 the Exhibit Hall will be open throughout Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th of August. Attendees will be able to get hands-on time with RAGE 2, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Quake Champions, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and much more.
Here’s some of the events that you’ll be able to get up to if you’re attending QuakeCon 2018 in person and are heading down to the Exhibit Hall:
- Hotseat: Attendees will be able to play games with randomly selected objectives for prizes, and also fun.
- Best Sign in the BYOC: A contest for the best clan sign.
- Quake Blind: Play Quake with a blindfold on in this doubles free-for-all competition. One person plays the role of the players’ eyes, the other plays the game – but blindfolded.
- Dirty Keyboard Contest: It’s time to look at the absolute filth that some people use for keyboards. Dive deep into the most disgusting keyboards out there, as QuakeCon celebrities look and judge at some of the dirtiest keyboards known to humanity.
- Pick Your Pony: Have a little flutter by visiting the Pick Your Pony station near the Esports main stage. Choose your ‘horse’ and if your horse comes in you’ll be going home with a little prize.
- BAWLS Chugging: BAWLS Chugging Champion KenCo12 will be looking to reclaim their belt from two-time and current champion Dirty Taco in this chugging competition, but it’s all to play for in this years’ BAWLS Chugging event.
That’s what’s happening this year at QuakeCon 2018, so get watching.