Sand is the Soul is a unique combination of side scrolling beatemup and action RPG, which could be best described as a modern day version of River City Ransom and Guardian Heroes, covered in Bloodborne sauce.
Sand is the Soul is a modern day itteration and love letter to an old school, niche genre where the game let's you do what you want and doesn't spoonfeed or think for you.
In Sand is the Soul you can play as a boy scout and fulfill your mission, become a slave to the Sand and end up as a homeless junkie on the streets, discover the genesis of the Sand and confront an old, deeply rooted evil, or simply abandon your mission and return home, or go full psycho and kill all npc's (yes, it's possible)...
The choice is yours.
You arrive at the Frontier, the border between familiar Lands and the neighbouring autonomy of Crosshill.
You are a missionary of diplomatic status, with a depeche of utmost importance that must be delivered to the local authorities post haste!
Your choices and actions will define your story and tale...
Enter Sand is the Soul, an immersive journey through a gloomy and distinct post-punk Victorian world and lore.
May the Lady of the Sand bless your journey... wherever it may lead you...
- Multiple paths to reach your goal.
- Branching storyline.
- Immersive audiovisual composition which brings you into the world.
- Unique moral systems: be wary of your actions and choices, for they will have consequences.
- Unique Sanity system, which will affect the surrounding world and characters, depending on your state of mind.
- A living lore with its own evolving timeline and characters and social structure.
- Thousands of frames of handcrafted animations.
- New Game Plus modes, which in relation to the Time and Space -corrupted lore- will feature changes to the World.
- The long lost pleasure of ingame cheats: the better ending you get, the better unlockable cheats you will receive.
- Find and solve puzzles to create shortcuts, avoid combat or other opportunites.
- Minigames and playable arcade cabinets, including reference to BBC classic Strikers Run.
- Dynamic Original Soundtrack, from the author of the Sinless OST.
The game comes with a specially designed instruction booklet in pdf format.
It is crucial to read it before playing to get the most out of the game.