Scrap Galaxy is a local build-and-destroy deathmatch game for up to 4 players. It is a 2D top-down shooter taking place out in space in a galactic junkyard. In this setting, the players are trying to survive by constructing space ships.
The game is round-based and each round is divided up into two phases: build phase and battle phase. During the build phase, each player gets a number of components and has to assemble a spaceship from them within a certain time limit. During the battle phase, the players pilot the ships. They battle against the other or team up against the garbage drones living in the junkyard.
The randomness and unpredictable nature of the game makes every round into a new challenge, because you always have a new ship to battle with, raising the stakes and making the game quite addictive.
- Creativity under time pressure mixed with action-packed spaceship battles.
- Deathmatch until only one player remains. A new ship is constructed each round.
- Scrap King is like Deathmatch but the winner keeps their ship and can continue to build on it.
- Co-op allows the players to fight together against garbage drones. The players continues to build on their ships after each wave of enemies.
- Bots fill lasts slots if you are less than 4 people playing.
- Original soundtrack made by Connor O.R.T. Linning.
- 1 to 4 players playing together in local multiplayer.
- 11 different components to construct spaceships from.
- 3 different game modes.
- 3 different deathmatch rule sets.
- 6 Different maps.
- 10 Co-op levels.
- Gamepads are highly recommended for singleplayer and multiplayer. Gamepads tested are Xbox 360 gamepad, Xbox One Gamepad and Steam Controller.
- Two player can share one full size keyboard and play. Due the the amount of keys involved a mechanical keyboard is recommended to prevent ghosting.