Team17 have confirmed that The Escapists 2 will be launching on the 22nd August for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
From today players can pre-order The Escapists 2 from Steam, the game can also be pre-ordered from selected retailers for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game will cost £19.99/$19.99/€19,99.
Players who pre-order the game will gain access to an additional prison The Glorious Regime. Team17 described this new prison in a press release stating “In this pulse-pounding penitentiary, players will experience the thrill of escaping a hidden compound deep in the jungle. You’ll need determination and drive to avoid the unquestioningly devoted guards, constant surveillance, and the Illustrious Leader himself, in your bid for freedom.”
When released The Escapists 2 will include the following features:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!