A new update for Half-Life has just been released by Valve today which addresses a few fixes for the 19 year old game.
The patch notes can be found on the Half-Life steam page and addresses fixes of a number of crash scenarios as well as some other things. The patch notes also give special thanks to players who have sent in bug reports for the game.
The full patch notes can be seen below.
Half-Life July 11th Patch Notes:
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console. Thanks to Marshal Webb from BackConnect, Inc for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file. Thanks to Grant Hernandez (@Digital_Cold) for reporting this.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder. Thanks to Vsevolod Saj for reporting this.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable. Thanks to Sam Vanheer for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals