War Tech Fighters, the space based mech combat game published by Green Man Gaming, has launched into a full release today, the 25th of July 2018.
After a period in Early Access of nearly a year, and after multiple updates based upon feedback from the burgeoning War Tech Fighters community, the game is now ready for a full release.
War Tech Fighters sees the player take on the role of a War Tech pilot, giant mechs which can fly through space and engage in long-range and melee combat to battle the malevolent Zatros Empire.
Developers Drakkar Dev had this to say on the launch: “As anyone who experienced War Tech Fighters in Early Access will know, we’ve looked to bring together the best elements from Japanese Anime and Hollywood Blockbusters into one explosive package”.
Drakkar Dev CEO Manlio Greco went on to say: “The sheer scale of the space battles, with players switching rapidly between ranged and close combat, is incredible to watch. Balancing between the two approaches creates incredible variety in gameplay, as does the amount of time gamers spend customising their mechs to represent their own inimitable style.”
War Tech Fighters features the following:
- Fully Equipped War Tech – Destroy your enemies in long-range combat with guns and missiles, or get up close and personal with swords and shields.
- Dual camera view – play and fight in Third or First person.
- Customization – Hundreds and thousands of combinations of mech parts, weapons, and colors to truly stand out on the battlefield.
- Upgrades – Three base robot sets, each with specific bonuses, and over 180 upgradable robot parts, swords and shields
- Research & Development – Research new upgrade projects to enhance your War Tech, and develop weapons ranging from missile launchers to antimatter cannons.
- Level Up – Gain experience through combat to level up your War Tech pilot to gain improved attack and defence bonuses.
- Unlockable Special Projects – Explore space and collect hidden project parts to gain access to new War Tech sets, new swords, new shields and research projects.
- Intense Single Player Missions – Experience 33 missions of Captain Nathan Romanis’ battle across the galaxy.
- Simulator Bridge – Train your War Tech by replaying missions, or take on special Challenges to gain experience and add-ons to improve your machine.
- Survival Mode – Test yourself to the limit in three deadly infinite survival arenas, and walk away with special rewards. Compete with other players trying to reach for the top in a global leaderboard.