Rage 2 has received a second update, this time adding a whole host of features that aim to add to the amount of time you spend with the game, and the game’s challenge.
Key amongst its new features is a New Game+ mode where you can start the game over but with all your weapons, abilities, upgrades and vehicles intact. Each new start in New Game+ will be harder than the last, and you’ll also earn extra weapon skins by playing.
A new ‘Crazy Hard’ difficulty mode has been added to bump the challenge even more, and if that still isn’t enough for you there’s a new Ironman mode. Ironman mode gives you one life for the whole game, and if you lose it, game over.
In addition to the gameplay features above, there’s a new voice pack, this time starring Wolfenstein’s B.J. Blazkowicz, in a tie in for the recently released Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
You can check out the patch notes here, in addition here’s the full list of Quality of Life improvements:
Quality of life improvements
- Pop-up notifications no longer pause the game.
- Camera Deadzone slider adjustment added to controller options.
- Flashlight added for navigating dark areas (hold Focus to activate).
- You can now skip Aunt Prowley’s dialog in the opening mission.
- Added an option to disable Ark tutorials.
- Tracking projects now shows progress on HUD.
- New options to turn off Damage and Kill notifications on crosshair.
- “You Call That a Wingstick?” and TV Fatal voice packs auto-granted after Bethesda.net account link (previously required buying from Wasteland Wizard).
It appears that Bethesda is holding the previously announced roadmap, and we’re looking forward to whatever’s next for the open world shooter. For all your Rage 2 news, updates, and patch notes, stay tuned to the Green Man Gaming Newsroom.