"The graphic novel is represented through comic art style drawings that are beautifully done, it has plenty of interactive dialogue choices with a rich Chinese style. The moves and the game feel is good; and having one on one combat and group combat has enhanced the variety of ways to play."
5/5 - CowLevel
"Shuyan Saga is a compelling tale of a rebellious princess that elegantly mixes visual novel storytelling with precision based kung-fu combat."
4.5/5 - Unigamesity
"To put it all in perspective, we have a GREAT actress as the voice of Shuyan. We have artwork which is in abundance, and then FANTASTIC music to set the tone and feel of the game...As we played through the first book I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next."
7/10 - The Drastik Measure
Shuyan Saga is a graphic novel series where action scenes come alive in 3D combat gameplay. Set in an ancient Chinese martial arts fantasy universe, you embark on a life-changing journey as Shuyan to become a true disciple of Kung Fu and stop the evil Guer horde from destroying the Five Kingdoms.
• Voiceover - Starring Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Beauty and the Beast) as Shuyan in her first ever video game!
• Hand-Drawn Art - Over 1,400 beautifully illustrated panels from Chinese comic book master Daxiong (he’s drawn Star Wars comics for Dark Horse and Justice League for DC, among others!)
• Unique Kung-Fu Gameplay - Over 300 combat animations, referenced from motion captured Kung-Fu techniques of Shifu Longfei Yang, Master of the Shanxi Praying Mantis Style.
• Original Story - Set in a fantasy world inspired by ancient China, filled with myth and lore.
• 3D Combat - Soft and hard Kung-Fu styles in two main combat modes: Arena and Focus.
• Control the Narrative - Make dialogue choices as the story progresses.
• Amazing Original Soundtrack - Composed by award-winning composer Aaron Tsang.