"The graphic novel is represented through comic art style drawings that are beautifully done, it has plenty of interactive dialogue choices with a rich Chinese style. The moves and the game feel is good; and having one on one combat and group combat has enhanced the variety of ways to play."
5/5 - CowLevel
"Shuyan Saga is a compelling tale of a rebellious princess that elegantly mixes visual novel storytelling with precision based kung-fu combat."
4.5/5 - Unigamesity
"To put it all in perspective, we have a GREAT actress as the voice of Shuyan. We have artwork which is in abundance, and then FANTASTIC music to set the tone and feel of the game...As we played through the first book I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next."
7/10 - The Drastik Measure
Shuyan Saga is a graphic novel series where action scenes come alive in 3D combat gameplay. Set in an ancient Chinese martial arts fantasy universe, you embark on a life-changing journey as Shuyan to become a true disciple of Kung Fu and stop the evil Guer horde from destroying the Five Kingdoms.
• Voiceover - Starring Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Beauty and the Beast) as Shuyan in her first ever video game!
• Hand-Drawn Art - Over 1,400 beautifully illustrated panels from Chinese comic book master Daxiong (he’s drawn Star Wars comics for Dark Horse and Justice League for DC, among others!)
• Unique Kung-Fu Gameplay - Over 300 combat animations, referenced from motion captured Kung-Fu techniques of Shifu Longfei Yang, Master of the Shanxi Praying Mantis Style.
• Original Story - Set in a fantasy world inspired by ancient China, filled with myth and lore.
• 3D Combat - Soft and hard Kung-Fu styles in two main combat modes: Arena and Focus.
• Control the Narrative - Make dialogue choices as the story progresses.
• Amazing Original Soundtrack - Composed by award-winning composer Aaron Tsang.
© 2017 Lofty Sky Entertainment Inc., a Lofty Sky Media Group company. All Rights Reserved.
Shuyan Saga was just more than a game for me and with its great story telling and immersive narrative, along with fantastic hand drawn and unique artworks of the game, and of course using amazing and lovely musics along with the whole pack, it became one of my most enjoyable and memorable experiences I had in a while and I'm really happy that I listened to my friend's advice and tried this game! the gameplay of the game mostly like click and adventure titles and it also provides a simple yet great combat system which will come handy in some parts of the game. So if you are a fan of eastern visual novels and want to experience something distinct and 100% worthy of your time, Shuyan Saga is my absolutely recommendation title for you!
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.