The Emperor is gone and the Empire rudderless, the balance of power easily swayed to any Underlord that is not 600 feet under. You will now assume the role of rival Underlord, Kasita, and with the mentorship of the deliciously sardonic Mendechaus (voiced by Richard Ridings), you will sate your thirst for wealth and power in the golden and volcanic dukedom of Phaestus.
The word in the Underworld is that Kasita’s heart is a giant gemstone, hewn from the dirt by her prospecting workers. They say molten gold flows through her cavernous, subterranean arteries, and that soon her temper shall erupt in an all-consuming gold rush of greed! Miserly miners beware ...
Heart of Gold continues where the story left off, with 4 earth-shattering new Campaign levels, a smattering of new defences, units and spells, and a gleaming new Dungeon Theme!
Heart of Gold Features for owners of this DLC:
- An expanded story told across 4 brand new, fully voice acted Campaign levels, this time played from the perspective of Underlord Kasita. The levels are more open-ended than in the original game, directly addressing feedback from our most loyal players.
- An additional 4 Aspects to master: Sentinel (defence), Gild (spell), Aureate Monolith (construct), and a golden Titan - the Colossus.
- A new Dungeon Theme for Kasita, which includes a Dungeon Core, new tiles and walls, a Worker skin, and a much-requested custom Hand of Evil.
- New terrain, system overhauls, Map Editor features and much more!
Patch 1.4 Features:
Heart of Gold will release alongside patch 1.4, which will introduce a huge range of changes and improvements to the base game including:
- Dynamic tutorial system
- Revamped Titan system
- Revamped combat
- New unit voices, VFX, animations and behaviours
- Significant performance improvements
- New systems such as the peace warband to keep specific units out of combat
- Improved AI which makes use of Titans and Artefacts properly
- Improved UI including a new payday overlay
- Many balance improvements including a revamp of the unit leveling system, making high level units more valuable
- New localisation into French and German