Bethesda have released a free DOOM update as well as an all-new gameplay video showcasing the exciting content available to players.
To celebrate the free update, there will also be Double XP available for DOOM’s multiplayer content, which will end 5pm GMT on 12th December.
Some of the newest features being added to DOOM’s multiplayer are:
- Infernal Run – a new competitive game mode where teams fight for control of the ball and score in the opponent’s goal.
- Bots – available on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes.
- Multiplayer rank now extends to Echelon 11 – once you reach the new highest ranking, you’ll unlock the signature DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit)!
- Play as the DOOM Marine in the DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit).
- More elements from the campaign, allowing you to play and create even more campaign-like experiences.
- Lazarus Lab themed modules and props.
Watch the gameplay video footage below:
Bethesda also announced that the new DLC for DOOM, Bloodfall, will be released and available worldwide on December 15th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.