The PC online survival shooter, H1Z1: King Of The Kill, is getting a big update today, to have “greater consistency with player movement, positioning, and firing”.
The update will bring back Skirmishes, special weekend matches with alternating rule sets. The update will include the rule set ‘Shotties and Snipers’ where players only have access to shotguns and hunting rifles. The shotguns have also been upgraded to “connect more consistently with targets when shooting”.
The main world, The Arena will have three new landmarks for players to fight in and around. There has also been an adjustment to the interior of buildings and the game’s environment including lighting and terrain.
The full patch notes can be found on the H1Z1 website with a list of the big updates and bug fixes below.
- Crafting & Healing timer has been moved so it no longer obscures the crosshair.
- Items from the Weekend Challenge (5/13 – 5/14) will be granted with this update.
- When using classic hit markers, the marker will turn bold for headshots
- Incoming hit sounds should more clearly distinguish headshots from body shots
- In team games, teammate chevrons have been removed to lessen the visual distraction they were providing. Activate free look (default: alt) to see teammate nameplates at unlimited range.
- Body armor (laminated and makeshift) now always show up on top of parkas.
- Players can now disable vehicle degradation sound effects in the useroptions.ini by editing the VehicleDegradationVolume=1 line.
- When you get a kill, there is a new UI element that will indicate the name and tier of the player you killed as well as any XP gained as a result.
- Icons on the Main Menu have been added to let you know when you have a new item in your character inventory or when there is a sale in the Marketplace.
- To make navigation easier, we combined the Unlocked and Locked Crates into a single view.
- Items in the Appearance menu now show how to acquire the item (Crate, Scrapyard, etc).
- Ping display in the HUD will update more often than it used to.
- The Inventory “More Info” panel will now be closed by default.
- Parachutes should no longer spin when starting a match.
- Removed collision from arrows once they’re stuck in a target to prevent them from blocking other projectiles.
- You should once again be able to use voice chat after dying using mouse buttons.
- Stun grenades will now affect players in vehicles.
- Adjusted the model of the taxi to more precisely match the police car (the collisions were already identical).
- Fixed camera issues that could occur when entering a vehicle while prone or crouched.
- Fixed the Twitch Prime offroader skin not correctly applying in-game.
- Fixed several HUD elements that were displayed incorrectly in some languages.
- Kill feed should no longer overlap the score elements in team matches.
- Region should no longer change itself after selecting one then accessing Settings.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on a skin you don’t own could cause the item you previously had highlighted to be scrapped.
- Button prompt to open/close Inventory will now update based on keybinding selection.
- Pressing escape will now cancel a change in quantity on Inventory stacks.
- Stack-splitting will no longer lose functionality if the menu is exited after changing quantity.