Ubisoft will be conducting a round of maintenance on the Rainbow Six Siege servers. The company confirmed via a post on it’s website. A schedule of the planned maintenance can be seen below.
- PlayStation 4 – 9AM to 10AM ET / 2pm to 3PM GMT
- Xbox One – 10AM to 11AM ET / 3PM to 4PM GMT
- PC – 11AM to 12PM ET / 4PM to 5PM GMT
Ubisoft will be performing a “rank reset” during this maintenance period.
Ubisoft has also provided a run down of items it hopes to address in Rainbow Six Siege’s next two patch update. You can see a breakdown of what they would like to address in each update below.
Rainbow Six Siege 2.2.1 Priority List
[Descriptions written by Ubisoft]
One Step Matchmaking
- We are focusing on the testing and implementation of One Step Matchmaking. We are currently testing this on the TTS.
- Our level design team will be taking a pass on all maps to correct various bugs/glitches.
- Our technical team will be reviewing the layers of code that are leading to game crashes. This will provide you with a more stable playing experience.
- Currently being tested on the Technical Test Server, the hit box refactor is continuing to under-go further testing prior to being deployed to the live build of the game.
- We have seen the community’s frustrations regarding spawn killing, and our level design teams will be taking steps to mitigate the locations where this is still possible. To be clear, spawn killing is when a Defender is able to kill you within seconds of spawning. Running towards the objective and dying for not using cover is not considered spawn killing.
Join in Progress
- We do not intend for players to be placed into Ranked matches that are already in progress. We are also going to be working on the various bugs encountered by people when they join a match in progress in Casual.
Defuser issues (audio, planting, destroying)
- Interaction with the Defuser is not always fluid and intuitive, and sometimes does not work as intended. We will be doing a pass on the Defuser as a whole to address these issues. The various Defuser issues will be worked on throughout the entirety of Operation Health.
- Glaz will be receiving some attention. Stay tuned for details!