Ubisoft has launched the new update for The Division, which introduces big updates including Global Events, customisation and changes to Survival mode.
The update is now available for free on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. The full patch notes can be found on The Divisions website or you can view key highlights below.
NEW FEATURE: GLOBAL EVENTS
- Global Events are time-limited events that add special modifiers to the PvE parts of The Division.
- Taking part in a Global Event will award you Tokens that you can use to purchase Classified Gear caches (detailed below) and unique vanity items (that are currently not included on the PTS).
- The Global Event features a modifier that can be applied to existing content. Two extra modifiers can be enabled to increase the challenge and the rewards.
- Earn Global Event Tokens by playing the content and exchange them for Global Event Caches at the vendor.
- Rewards include
- Three Classified Gear Sets.
- Three different Weapon Skins.
- One vanity set.
- Global Event specific Commendations are available to challenge you even further.
NEW FEATURE: FACE CUSTOMIZATION
The Base of Operations now include a room with an interactive mirror that you can use to change your agent’s appearance. You can find the room by turning right straight after you have entered the Terminal from the Base of Operation stairs.
NEW FEATURE: COMMENDATIONS & PATCHES
- Commendations introduce hundreds of challenges across several categories for agents to accomplish. Commendations cover all aspects and areas of the game, both for PvE and PvP.
- Unlocking achievements reward the player with Commendation Score. Your tallied score is displayed to other agents.
- Some special Commendations award a Patch, a brand new vanity item. These Patches are displayed on the agent’s arm, replacing the default Phoenix patch.