The Friday 13th developers want to say sorry to players for the server issues the best way they know how – FREE STUFF. I was really excited about the game as someone who loves the classic film and has always wanted to delve into a horror. An online horror? Perfect, because then I’m not scared alone and through the pulsating, trippy beats of Jason’s impending arrival, there’s also other people to make the whole experience a little less terrifying. Maybe it’s seeing the slightly rigid movements of other players looming in the distance, or the awkward clunk of a door being closed, but that just adds to the feel of the game, the unpolished, almost gimmicky look, really works wonders.
But through this I have been obviously frustrated at being kicked from games and not being able to get into one at all. Due to the unexpected popularity of Friday The 13th, the developers announced they were having server issues. However, fans did not give up on the game and whilst the small studio tackled the problem, working around the clock to get the issues solved, the game finally seems stable to the delight of players.
So here’s what the developers, Illfonic have given players for free for all their patience during the server issues they experienced. The update is FREE and available now, so why are you reading this? Get playing!
- Steam matchmaking searches longer for lower pinged games.
- Various minor matchmaking optimizations made.
- Lobby countdown timer closes menus at the 3 second mark instead of when it starts.
- Warning beeps can now be heard from sub-menus.
- Added lots more environmental kill locations to all of the maps.
- Leaving a match while a party leader now prompts you to disband or take the party with you.
- Security updates to prevent account spoofing.
- Dynamic camera and character animation improvements.
- Added an option for controlling the PTT sound.
- Increased XP penalty of team killing fellow counselors to -1,000XP from -200XP.
- Fixed several exploit locations on all maps.
- Fixed Steam party members not following the party leader.
- Fixed Steam party main menu voice stuttering.
- Fixed Jason getting stuck in the grab pose if a grabbed counselor disconnects while being pulled out of a car.
- Fixed an issue with block detection on boat seats.
- Fixed some counselor vehicle interactions not being blocked while in a context kill.
- Fixed some floating items on item swap and with traps.
- Fixed the Shotgun sometimes floating after use.
- Fixed an issue with tracking total Jason kills.
- Fixed multiple achievement related bugs.
- Fixed windows sometimes displaying the wrong open/close position on listen servers.
- Fixed an issue where sprint was canceling fear animations & some stances.
- Fixed some dynamic camera issues when interpolating from a kill back to the player.
- Fixed Jason being able to morph into the boat and get shoved out of the map.
- Fixed a case where spectators would not hear alive players.
- Fixed session presence not always updating immediately to point at your game session (for invites) after you leave a party session.
- Fixed some game server specific crashes.
- Fixed the game sitting for the duration of the outro when no outro is played.
- Fixed the scoreboard staying on the screen when the end match menu opens.
- Locking the end match scoreboard on-screen.
- Fixed defaults not always functioning in Video Settings.
- Made the Gamma slider easier to use with a gamepad.
- Fixed a case where a player’s mute state may not be sent to the server after loading the map.
- Fixed character placement issue when getting out of a tent.
- Fixed character placement issue when ejected from a car and your door is blocked.
- Fixed being able to use other items while using the sweater.
- Fixed some exploits with trap placement.
- Fixed multiple crouch exploits.
- Fixed multiple fireplace kill interaction distances.
- Fixed multiple cases of Jason being struck and flying off the map.
- Fixed multiple interaction lock bugs.
- Optimized Steam P2P lobby tag updates, dedicated server tag space usage.
Playing Friday the 13th? If not, why not?