With Tekken 7 coming out tomorrow we thought it would be a great idea to list the big changes that are coming to the game. Why should you pick up Tekken 7 and not stick with Tekken 6 or Tekken Tag 2? Here are the big changes coming to the latest instalment of the popular Tekken franchise.
New Gameplay Features
One of the main features in any fighting game is how it plays, so the mechanics have to be spot on and new features can either break a fighting game or improve it ten fold. Tekken 7 introduces Power Crush which adds a new dynamic to the classic Tekken gameplay.
Power Crush is an armoured attack which allows players to complete a move whilst you are taking damage. If a player times their Power Crush just at the right time then they can change the tide of battle to their favour within an instant. However, Power Crush is used against a low attack or a throw then this could be counter productive and give your opponent a pretty big advantage.
The Rage system from Tekken 6 makes a return, but has been improved with two new techniques for players to master. Rage Drive lets players use unique character combos in order to deal some massive damage, and Rage Art is Tekken’s answer to supermoves in Injustice, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
Rage drives can be both defensive as well as offensive in order to give players the upper hand. Rage Arts need to be timed correctly in order to deal up to 40% damage. You can see both in action in the video below.
Interactive Cut Scenes
Tekken 7 introduces interactive cut scenes. Vital moments in the games story mode will break into an interactive cutscene and challenge the player to make choices through quicktime events. This adds a nice layer of intensity to an already pretty intense game.
Possibly the most common addition to any new fighting game are the characters. Here is a break down of the brand new characters coming to Tekken 7.
- Katarina Alves – Designed as a beginner friendly character, Katrina hails from brazil and specialises in the Savate fighting style.
- Claudio Serafino – A member of the Anti-devil organisation Claudio is an Italian whose main focus is to combating the Devil Gene’s threat. His fighting style is empowered by Sirius Magic.
- Lucky Chloe – Hailing from Japan, Chloe loves all things anime and manga. She has a ‘freestyle dance’ fighting technique which can be quite unpredictable.
- Shaheen – Originally from Saudi Arabia, Shaheen specialises in military grade self defence. He is also a good character for beginners.
- Josie Rizal – A Filipino who specialises in Eskrima and Kickboxing. Even though she is described as a bit of a cry baby, she is a force to be reckoned with.
- Gigas – Part human, party cybernetic creative, Gigas specialises in the art of Destructive Impulse, he is a monster and his power has been unmatched.
- Jack-7 – Much like his 6 predecessors, Jack 7 is just a remodel of his predecessor and uses similar moves as Jack 6,5,4 (the list goes on) did in their games.
- Kazumi Mishima / Devil Kazumi – Heihachi’s wife, Kazumi practises Hachijo Style Karate which is similar to Kazuya and Heihachi’s style of Karate, but also includes the ability to levitate and summon tigers. She also possesses the Devil gene which helps her transform into her devil form.
- Akuma – Hired by Kazumi in order to kill Kazuya and Heihachi, Akuma is most famous for his appearance in the Street Fighter franchise.
- Master Raven – With a similar fighting style to Raven, Master Raven is a female ninja who is in charge for of the organisation Raven works for.
That’s it for the new features coming to Tekken 7. Grab the game now for the Green Man Gaming Store.