Ultimate Team continues to be the game mode that FIFA players flock towards. Battling it out online and trying to get your hands on the best players to build your team around has become hugely popular. Each year EA tries to bring new cards, new challenges and new ideas to Ultimate Team to keep it feeling fresh and exciting, and FIFA 22 Ones to Watch is part of that.
The first batch of Ones to Watch have been revealed in Team 1 and EA have announced the details of how it will continue to work, including some release dates for the next teams.
What are Ones to Watch Cards?
FIFA 22 Ones to Watch Cards (also known as FIFA 22 OTW) are special cards in Ultimate Team for players who have recently transferred to a new club. These players will have dynamic ratings that can get higher depending on how they perform for their club and country. Each time a player features in Team of the Week, their overall rating will change to match that card.
Additionally, there is a new feature called “Wins to Watch”, whereby if a FIFA 22 OTW player’s team wins 5 out 10 matches across the month, they will receive a boost to their rating of +1.
FIFA 22 Ones to Watch: Team 1
There have been some big transfers over the summer and with that, the first FIFA 22 Ones to Watch team has been confirmed. Among the team is Grealish who moved from Aston Villa to Man City, as well as two new Utd players in the form of Ronaldo and Varane. The full Team 1 lineup is as follows:
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Juventus to Manchester United – Rating 91
- Raphael Varane – Real Madrid to Manchester United – Rating 86
- Achraf Hakimi – Inter Milan to PSG – Rating 85
- Jack Grealish – Aston Villa to Manchester City – Rating 84
- David Alaba – Bayern Munich to Real Madrid – Rating 84
- Saul – Atletico Madrid to Chelsea – Rating 82
- Dayot Upamecano – RB Leipzig to Bayern Munich – Rating 82
- Denzel Dumfries – PSV to Inter Milan – Rating 82
- Manuel Locatelli – Sassuolo to Juventus – Rating 82
- Steven Berghuis – Feyenoord to Ajax – Rating 81
- Donyell Malen – PSV to Borussia Dortmund – Rating 80
Future Ones to Watch
The first team was released on 1st October and Team 2 on 8th October, with additional minor releases between 10th and 13th October. It was no surprise to see PSG with a number of players after a busy summer, with Messi, Ramos and Wijnaldum already releasing just after Team 1. Going forward, it’s very likely we will also see Donnarumma, who also moved to the French side during the summer.
There’s no doubt that FIFA players are going to be desperate to get their hands on these special cards over the course of the season, seep your eyes peeled for official confirmations from EA. In the meantime, why not speculate away on our Community Forum as to who will be included?
If you haven’t got your copy of FIFA 22 yet, what are you waiting for? Head over to our Store for your Standard or Ultimate Editions for PC or Xbox.