Universal Theme Parks had revealed they would be partnering with video game giant Nintendo, which was met with some intrigue. However, the plans have been firmed up and Universal Parks and Nintendo finally explain their vision of the expansion through video.
The expansion will be applied to Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Japan.
The worlds are set to feature:
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They’ll be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- You’ll feel as if you’re playing inside your favorite games – in real life.
- There will be something for everyone—regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
Watch the video below: